- 5 cups of rice (e.g. Uncle Ben’s regular)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tins of tomato paste
- 1 onion
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp of thyme leaves
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 1/2 tbsp of Jollof Spice
- Sea salt
- Parboil the rice or soak the rice for an hour
- In a pot heat the oil
- Add onions, tomato paste, and thyme.
- Stir fry until it’s turns a little darker.
- Add cayenne pepper.
- Add the Jollof Spice.
- Add the beef stock.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the rice and stir until all is well combined.
- Add water that barely above the rice.
- Cover with foil and then the pot cover and lower the heat to medium low or alternatively put in a 400 degrees F oven and let it cook for 30 -40 minutes.
- Fluff and stir the rice once the water has dried up and it’s ready
- Enjoy with grilled chicken, fried beef etc.
I hope you find this helpful, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at email , or DM us on Instagram @9jadelicacies ; @1luvfoods.